DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This is a full-time position with an expected work-week of 40 or more hours.
- Following label directions to mix and use pesticides and other chemicals.
- Observing safety protocols for pesticides and fumigants that are hazardous materials, protecting oneself and one’s co-workers.
- Communicating effectively with the customer and other personnel, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Keeping accurate and complete business records, including time and route records, treatment reports.
- Working for the Pest Management or Food Safety Divisions when their resources are inadequate to complete their workload in a timely fashion.
- In all activities, whether involving customers or colleagues at Royal, act with honesty and integrity to provide the most effective pest management services available to the benefit of both customers and Royal, recognizing that no job will be too large or too small to merit the same dedication and effort.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Grain bin fumigation experience a plus.
- Working indoors and out in all types of weather, in extremes of cold and heat.
- Providing manual labor that can include lifting weights of up to 50 lbs. by oneself repeatedly, and lifting heavier weights in tandem with other workers; twisting, bending and lifting; and coordinating physical activities with a team of workers.
- Climbing into and working in enclosed spaces such as between rows or stacks of commodities and crawlspaces; working at heights on catwalks and scaffold-like structures; climbing silos and other structures; using and climbing a ladder; working while wearing fall protection gear.
- Working while wearing personal protection equipment such as masks, respirators and self-contained breathing apparatus, gloves, work boots and jackets.
- Driving Royal trucks and vehicles rated up to 10,000 lbs. May also include operating a forklift.
- Following road directions to find fumigation sites.
- Keeping calm and cool under stressful circumstances.
- Being able to travel and spend extended periods of time on job sites.
- Being eligible to receive, and then maintaining the credentials of a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) as defined by federal law. Note: This credential includes an FBI 2 criminal background check and a security threat assessment by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Computer Skills: Database software (including industry-specific software), company network-based and “cloud”-based applications, smart phones, Microsoft Office, and other electronic devices used to access information and enter data.
- Technicians must obtain certification as a pesticide applicator, with a specialization in fumigation, within one year of employment, and maintain that certification throughout employment.
- Technicians must obtain fumigation certification, in the first instance, in the state where most of the technician’s work is done. RPS may require additional certifications in other jurisdictions as the business grows and the technician’s duties evolve.
- Being medically qualified to use self-contained breathing apparatus and respirators.
- Working shifts of eight hours or more, at night or during the day, under the conditions described above.
- The following are factors that could prevent an individual from being able to perform in this position:
• Chemical sensitivity to pesticides in cases where the individual cannot prevent such reactions to chemicals through the use of personal protective equipment.
• Allergic reactions to bee stings, mold, mildew and other environmental allergens encountered in pest control work.
• Fear of insects, confined spaces, heights or using a ladder.
Royal considers all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran/reserve/national guard or any other similarly protected status. Royal also complies with all applicable laws governing employment practices and does not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.
Apply Now For A Position At Royal Fumigation